Queens of Tech Podcast
60+ questions with female tech influencers about their journey into STEM
Melanie is UX Director in the Google Search Team. In her past roles she has built and led UX teams globally at Startups, Schibsted and eBay. Melanie previously founded Rise Network (Prev: LondonTechLadies) a women’s network providing events on soft skill development, striving to develop and inspire women to move up the career ladder and create more gender diversity in the upper levels of management.
Melanie’s’ talking topics:
- Why I created LondonTechLadies –
Lessons learned from building the community to 4000+ women and how empowering and developing women supports organisations to succeed
- Soft skills to succeed –
How women can lean in and develop their soft skills to succeed in the workplace focusing on negotiation, confidence, networking and presence.
- Leading International UX teams –
Lessons learned from building and leading international UX teams across London, US, Mexico, Morocco, Hungary, Belarus, China, Finland, Spain & Switzerland
- Building inclusive (UX) team culture –
Lessons learned from building team culture to retaining and grow talent with diversity and inclusion in mind. Youtube Recording
- My career journey
My learnings and experiences progressing into leadership in tech covering the pivotal moments such as building mentor/sponsorship, negotiating my way into management, working across agencies, startups and big tech (eBay & Google).
- How to run a Google Design Sprint – My lessons learnt running sprints and a toolkit for how to get started Medium Article
- Inviqa – CXcon Experience transformation Conference – Youtube Recording
- Venturi Podcast – Discussing ‘Founding London Tech Ladies’ and my passion for gender diversity